Aug 4, 2015

Posted by

DOLE, Capitol gives P6.4M to SPES beneficiaries

LUBAO, Pampanga – The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) Region III and Public Employment Services Office (PESO) awarded this Monday P6,406,800 to the 843 beneficiaries of the Special Program for Employment of Student (SPES).

 

The salary awarding which was held at Lubao Gymnasium was led by Gov. Lilia ‘Nanay’ Pineda together with DOLE regional director Ana Dione.

 

The beneficiaries belong to the first batch of employed students who were assigned to different municipalities and worked for 20 days. Each student beneficiary received P7,600.

 

PESO head Luningning Vergara said beneficiaries are composed of poor but deserving students who want to pursue their education.

 

Vergara added that SPES is a year-round program and the remaining 1,073 beneficiaries will be awarded in the coming months.

 

Gov. Pineda, in her speech, mentioned the provincial board’s approval of P8,736,960 as the provincial government’s counterpart in the SPES.

 

Under the Section 1 of Republic Act 9547 or Special Program for employment of Students, 60% of the salary of beneficiaries shall be paid by the local government unit while the remaining 40% by DOLE.

 

Also present during the distribution were DOLE provincial director Arlene Tolentino, board members Cherry Manalo, Crisostomo Garbo, Nestor Tolentino and Ricardo Yabut, Mayor Mylyn Pineda Cayabyab, other local officials and capitol department heads.

 

Gov. Pineda together with DOLE RD Ana Dione distribute the salary of 843 SPES beneficiaries. Also in photo are board member Ricardo Yabut and former board member Fritzie David-Dizon. (Photo by Jun Jaso, PIO Pamp)